Friday, April 11, 2008

Bless-ed Day

How could I possibly forget to mention that today April 11, 2008, my brother and his girlfriend are having a baby! They had a c-section scheduled for about a month and up until Wednesday, I forgot. It's on my calendar...but who's looking ahead ;) I called yesterday to see how everything is going and of course...it's not going as planned. But does anything ever go as planned? You have to go with the flow...I've learned that much.
At approximately 8ish this morning I am an aunt to another little baby girl. Well, she's supposed to be a baby girl but unfortunately I forgot what they are naming her. How bad is that!? I know Ann is the middle name or the second part of the first name...
Anyway, pictures of Baby Something-Ann coming soon!

My daughters are little fashion queens. They think everything you have on has to be matching to the tee. Sidenote: I am a total tomboy...I could care less and I have no idea where they got this from. Anyway, Harley's got it down. Even her jacket and hair ties match her outfit.
Chloe on the other hand thinks that as long as it's all the same shade, it goes together. Multiple shades of pink for example were her choice for today. I just had to give you a little background because this morning, Harley was upset because the shoes she wanted to wear to match her outfit were a little torn up. These girls are SO hard on shoes. I remember being the same way and I remember my dad coloring in the toes on the shoes with permanent marker....so I did it. Harley was so impressed. I love impressing my girls.
BeforeAfter

You can't even tell! LOL. It saves a meltdown because I can't go buy a new pair of shoes everytime they need one. If the shoe still fits....make it wearable! Especially with twins!

I wish I could have gotten a pic of the girls skipping to school today holding hands. It was the perfect scrapping sisters pic...but I didn't even have my camera phone on me :(


One of our favorite dinners is called Potato Bake. All it is, is sliced potatos layered with sliced sausage and cheese with cheese soup poured on top. It is delicious and filling. I took this pick because I wanted to remember how the girls suck all the sauce off the sausage and save it for last. Kinda like saving all the marshmallows in Lucky Charms...hey, as long as they eat it all...I don't care how it goes down!


So there you have it...another day in the life of us....are you impressed yet...because I like impressing people ;)

UPDATE: My brother just called at 9:21 a.m. and said the baby was born! She looks like my other niece when she was born but has curly hair! Yeah, she is 7 lbs 13oz and 20 inches. I forgot to ask the name :/ LOL!

2 comments:

  1. From one tomboy to another, I am very impressed! Raising children and a husband is hard work! You handle it so gracefully:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girl...You are so good at expressing the joy and fun of motherhood. Keep smiling...I love you. Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete