Friday, September 5, 2008

Homeschooling....

I expected homeschooling to be hard. I expected frustration and fighting. I expected to be overwhelmed and for the kids to "not get it" until I pull my hair out. I expected hunger strikes and if she doesn't, I don't have to type arguments. So this is our second week of homeschooling and it is a lot harder than I expected. Don't get me wrong....it is still everything I expected but x 2. I have my first breakdown, I mean teacher conference today and I am just praying and praying she will build me up and tell me...I can do this and that she will be here to help. I also pray she doesn't give me an easy way out. We are still on the waiting list for the Montessori program (full schedule school) and I don't want her to tell me that there is an opening because I am afraid I will take it and give up just like that. Please pray for my patience and pray for the girls to have patience with me because although this is their first year homeschooling and it is way different than regular school...this is also my first year being a teacher. People say that being a mom is being a teacher and I agree...but in a completely different way. I used to teach them what I wanted them to know and now I teach them what they have to know and they are not so willing to learn the have-to's. Thanks for listening.

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying for you, friend. You are very brave taking this on. Hang in there. You can do all things in Christ.

    ReplyDelete