Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Senior Complexes...Don't move there!

We finally got to the library yesterday. I am so impressed with my girls and how they are reading their chapter books. I was really worried for awhile that they wouldn't become bookworms like their mom. Daddy was a bookworm too but now has no time for that kind of stuff. I guess I just had to wait until they learned to read. Go figure. The library also carries movies you can check out. The only bad thing is they all skip horribly. The girls get really mad, but I just say, what do you expect for free?

When we go visit the grandma and do chores the girls always get to go swimming. Today when we went, we found out they had new pool rules for the senior complex. The rules are ridiculous! For example:
1. Kids are only allowed in the pool from 1 p.m - 5 p.m. (Now this one I can understand because the old people want to go swimming in their own pool without getting splashed and stuff, but it's still inconvenient for my work schedule.)
2. Each resident can only have 2 guests in the pool at a time. (Now this is the one I am so peeved about!) 2 guests...well, me and both my daughters are already 3 guests! What's up with that! And come to find out that my dear old grandmother is the one that requested that rule!!! Because a lady she doesn't like has 6 grandkids! Can you believe that! She just kept repeating, well, some bad kids ruin it for everyone. Humph! Now she figures WE can go because the 2 guest rule only implies children and the parent can come for free so to speak. I said, what happens when I have another kid. She said we will worry about that when the time comes and she might not even be living here. (Which also means she'd be living with us!)

You should hear the gossip around that 55 and over community. If it's not about the residents parking in the guest parking spaces, it's about the new paint job in the clubhouse. If it's not about that, it's the kids living with their parents, if not that, it's the dang gardeners ruining all the plants with their bug spray. UGH! It's enough to drive someone crazy. I guess if you are a senior, you don't really have anything else to talk about.

So enough of that rant. Sadly, I have nothing else to talk about. All I do is hang out with the grandma and work.

No comments:

Post a Comment