Thursday, July 17, 2008

Sweating is gross...

Today is hot. No matter how still I am, I still drip sweat. I hate hot days. I prefer winter over summer all the time. No matter how cold I am, I prefer it over sweating. I always say, there's only so much you can take off...you can't take off your skin. But you can always put on more blankets or people. Humans generate a lot of heat.

Anyway, that wasn't what I came to tell you. I just got distracted because my office is like sitting in a sauna. I work in here all day with a fan blowing on me, in a little tiny tanktop and the shortest shorts ever that even my children are embarrassed to see me in and I still sweat.

But there I go again. What I really wanted to tell you was that my kids just left to go to the YMCA (insert song and dance moves here.) The YMCA in Santee is so awesome. For $4 (if you live outside of Santee, $3 if you live in Santee) you can spend 4 hours frolicking on playground equipment inside of a pool. They also have the coolest slide ever for 48' and above sized children. Which thankfully my children are tall enough. We went to the YMCA on July 5th for a birthday party for Chase and Connor and it was the coolest place around. I mean, for $4 you can do this:





So that was fun. My brother and his girlfriend came to pick the girls up and take them there because tomorrow my niece is leaving to go live in Utah with her mother. The court said she could go and I am a little peeved about it. I don't understand why a judge would let a child live out of state when the other parent is completely involved in the child's life. I just can't understand when there are so many parents that don't want to be involved and the ones that do aren't getting the chance.

So there's my rant...heat and judges. I am going to the scrapbook store now that my kids are gone to collect on my 2nd place award ($10). The next contest has to do with using a masking technique. I need to go get some stamps with my reward money. And then learn how to mask...

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Thanks for the warm welcome to SYC... Nice to see a fellow San Diegan in our group! Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gosh yeah sweating is gross...i just got finished with a birthday party and it is like 100+ degrees here...SUCKS....and what are you talking about you hate those dated scissors...tsk tsk...you rocked that layout...LOL and boy wouldn't that slide be joyous right now...i am dreaming about it...

    ReplyDelete