Monday, July 28, 2008

Too Stale? Pray it's God that spices it up!

I guess God thought things were too stale around here, not doing devotions, lounging in my p.j.s too much. So Sunday after church, I came home and my husband was not home. I called his cell but he didn't answer. I made lunch for the girls and then the 12 yo neighbor girl came over and said that my husband was in her backyard and that he was hurt. I said "What? My husband?" She said yes and said the ambulance is coming, her dad called 911... Needless to say I freaked out! I mean, my husband doesn't get hurt and if he does get hurt, he rarely even wears a band-aid. She stayed with the girls and I literally sprinted over to her house which is 2 houses down. I get into the backyard and my husband is laying on the ground with 4 paramedics over him. I see him and he's bleeding all over his face! I was so freaked out but barely showing it except for the rocking back and forth with my hands over my mouth! The neighbor sat me in the grass and said chill out.

The ambulance took my husband away and the neighbor drove me down to the hospital. We stayed for about 4 hours in the E.R. and he has MRI's and X-rays, heart monitors and blood and urine tests and all he ended up getting was 2 stitches in his cheek where he fell and hit his face on a rock.

Are you wondering what happened yet? He got electrocuted. Yep, that's right. And because he was unconscious for 30 seconds, they took him to the E.R. That was so scary. And it wasn't even the same hospital as the grandma :( He was cutting a wire for a sprinkler clock and got electrocuted.

Needless to say, today was very productive. I was dressed by 9 a.m. and out the door by 9:45 a.m. for the girls' swim lesson. We went to the post office (been meaning to do for days) and also the library (the books were overdue...) Then we went to get grandma's car fixed which I was supposed to do while she was in the hospital the first time. Then we visited grandma until 5:30 p.m. Very productive day overall.

Tomorrow I am planning to babysit for two different moms just to keep busy. I need to keep on my toes. Hubby keeps saying how lucky he was. I asked him if he though it was luck or God...he said "probably both". I invited Shawn to church on Thursday and will invite him again on Sunday. Pray that he goes. He was a Christian mission goer once....

Phil 1:6
...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Holy Crazy Scare!! So glad to hear that your hubby is ok...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God that Shawn is okay. We never know what each day will bring. Maybe a wake up call is what Shawn needs. We all need one every now and then so we can re-adjust our priorities in this life.
    So thankful he is okay. We'll keep praying.

    ReplyDelete